SURe provides recovery oriented services assisting individuals and their families who have been affected by substance use.
Intake & Assessment
- Provides initial screening, assessment, advice and referral to alcohol & other drug treatment (AOD) services via telephone and in person.
- In addition information and referrals to other services may be provided based upon the Individual Recovery Plan (IRP) that has been developed with you.
- This could include referrals to other allied health services, financial, legal and housing services.
- After an assessment from centralised Intake & Assessment, you may be referred for AOD focused counselling as per your recovery plan. Counselling is provided individually within a family sensitive and inclusive framework.
- Appointments are generally office based, up to an hour, with a duration of time being linked to your IRP.
- The counselling will have goals that have been developed with you during your assessment.
Care & Recovery Coordination
- For individuals who have been assessed as having additional complex needs, you will be offered coordinated and integrated pathways to your recovery.
- As part of your Individual Recovery Plan you may be eligible to receive withdrawal support in the community.
Making the decision to get assistance is never a simple or easy decision and we at SURe applaud you and will support you with your recovery goals. In getting the appropriate assistance, we will need to take you through a Screening and Assessment process, whereby you will develop your Recovery Plan to direct the appropriate services.
To commence this process you can either:
- Call a clinician at SURe on 1300 00 SURe (7873) [Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm]
- Email your contact details to Intake.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop in at one of our offices and ask to speak to any SURe Clinicians
- After hours contact Directline (1800 888 236) and request for a referral to SURe
|Health & Welfare Services||EACH||1300 00 EACH
|Anglicare Victoria||1800 809 722
Specialist benzodiazepine & anxiety service
|1300 273 266
Eastern Domestic Violence Outreach Service
|+61 (03) 9259 4200
|Family Drug Help||1300 660 068
|Anglicare Peer Support Program||9721 3688|
|Victorian Aids Council||(03) 9865 6700
|Gay Lesbian Health Victoria||(03) 9479 8724
|Phone / Afterhours||Emergency Services
**112 (from mobile phones) & out of range
AOD Information & Referral
|1800 888 236|
24 hr counselling service
|13 11 14|
24 hr counselling & suicide prevention service
|1300 651 261|
|Nurse on call||1300 60 60 24
|Poisons Information Line
24 hr poison information assistance line
|13 11 26|
10 – 25 y.o. 24 hr counselling service
|1800 55 1800
|Child Protections Afterhours||13 12 78|
|Women’s Domestic Violence Crisis Service||1800 015 188|
|Men’s Helpline||1300 78 99 78
|Website||Australian Drug Foundation||www.adf.org.au|
|Victorian Legal Aid||www.vla.vic.gov.au|
|Department of Justice||www.justice.vic.gov.au|